Everest Helicopter Tour – 1 Day
- View of major Mountain peaks:World’s highest peak Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Lhotse (8516), Mt. Makalu (8481m), Mt.ChoOyu (8201m), Mt. Nuptse (7855m), Mt.Pumori (7161m), Mt. AmaDablam (6812m)
- Major villages: Delightful Ethnic Sherpa villages such as Chaurikharka, Phakding, Monjo, Namche, Khumjung, Deboche, Pangboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, Pheruche
- Tenzing Hillary Airport (Lukla Airport), one of the world’s most thrilling airport
- Sherpa village, culture and their hospitality
Mount Everest (8848m), the Roof of the World, is the highest peak in the world. It was named after Sir George Everest who was the then surveyor General of India. The Nepali name is Sagarmatha which means the “Head of the Sky”. It was first climbed by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa in 1953. Trekking to the Everest BaseCamp is the adventure of lifetime and is one of the most popular & rewarding destination for tourists from all around the world. Conquering the high passes and witnessing the world’s tallest peak is every one’s dream.
While trekking is possible all year round, the best times to visit are from March to May and from September to mid December. During this time, we can see breathtaking views of spectacular mountain ranges. The major peaks we can see are Mt. Lhotse (8516), Mt. Makalu (8481m), Cho Oyu (8201m), Mt. Nuptse (7855m), Mt. Pumori (7161m), Mt. AmaDablam (6812m), Lobuche east and west, Mt. Thamaserku, Kongde peak, Kangtega, Taboche, Cho La Che, Island peak, Lingtrain, khumbutse, Lo La, and the supreme peak itself Mt. Everest (8848m). Besides the scenic view, it also provides the unique opportunity to see the beautiful nature with pine forest, rhododendron flowers blooming adding a spectacular splash of color to the landscape and the wide variety of flora & fauna. Animals like Snow Leopard, Musk Deer, Ghoral, Himalayan Thar, Blue Sheep and various species of birds can be seen in Sagarmatha National Park. We can also experience the unique Sherpa culture and visit monasteries & museums along the way.
Travelling alone is not good in this region and you are advised to go through an experienced trek guide/expert (we have a roster of experienced trek guides who can be deployed at a very short notice and you can also choose our trek guides/experts based on your language preference) and a porter. In addition to guiding you in the right path during the trek, they can also explain the sights and bring you close to the local culture. They can also be valuable if you fall ill. Meeting new people from diverse country and backgrounds on the way or during tea house stays and getting to connect with them is so much fun.
|5:30 – 6:00||Drive from Hotel to Airport|
|6:00 – 6:30||Boarding|
|6:30 – 7:15||Kathmandu to Lukla Flight|
|7:15 – 7:30||Refueling|
|7:30 – 7:50||Lukla to Kala Patthar|
|7:50 – 8:00||Landing in Kalapatthar|
|8:00 – 8:15||Kalapatthar to Everest View Hotel / Kongde Resort|
|8:15 – 9:00||Breakfast|
|9:00 – 9:50||Everest View Hotel / Kongde Resort to Kathmandu|
|9:50 – 11:00||Drive from Airport to Hotel|
- Hotel Airport Hotel Private Car Transfer
- Helicopter Kathmandu Lukla Kalapatthar Hotel Everest View Kathmandu
- Airport tax (NPR 200)
- Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit (NPR 3000)
- Breakfast at Everest View Hotel ($ 20-25)