1N2D Chitlang Hike Package
- Trek Route: Thankot- Chitlang- Kulekhani Trek (1N2D)
- Group Size: 5-25 pax
- Best Season: September-November and March-May
- Accommodation: Tourist Standard Hotel/Resort or Home Stay
- Transport: Deluxe Bus (Private Transportation)
- Meals: Full board meal
- Maximum Altitude: 2250 (Chandragiri Pass)
- Trail Difficulty Level: Easy
- Maximum Walking: 6-8 hrs
- Total Days: 2 days- 1Night 2Days (Kathmandu-Chitlang -Kulekhani -Kathmandu)
Geographical diversity; flora and fauna
Inscriptions dating back to Licchavi Era
Scenic beauty of nature
The surrounding comprising more than 160 species of birds
Ethnic cultural lifestyle of the people living there
the largest man-made lake of Nepal, Kulekhani (Indrasarovar Lake)
Chitlang is located at the south of Kathmandu and is 22 km from Kathmandu City. Chitlang Tour or Trekking is the best package to experience the richness and diversity of Nepalese culture. The main ethnic populations over there are Newari, Tamang, Khas, Bahun etc. However Chitlang is rich in Newar culture. Chitlang offers visitors with an opportunity of village home stay where they can interact and get insight of the rural life in Nepal. It also offers an amazing experience with the combination of natural beauty and cultural heritage. The hills of Chitlang offer one of the best hiking/trekking around Kathmandu
- Day 1: Kathmandu-Thankot-Chitlang
Activities (Campfire and BBQ)
- Day 2: Chitlang-Kulekhani-Kathmandu
Activities (Hiking and Boating)
- Day 1: Kathmandu – Thankot (15 km/45 mins drive) – Chitlang (around 5 hrs hike) To start our journey to Chitlang, we will take around 1 hour drive to Thankot, our trekking starting point and start our hiking from there. Till Chandragiri hill (2250m) it is steep uphill around 1 hour and then descends all the way to Chitlang. It offers a pleasant nature walk with stunning scenic view. We will have our lunch en route to Chitlang. We will stay in a hotel/resort or home stay in Chitlang village and enjoy the diversity of Nepalese culture through camping over there. We will also enjoy the campfire and BBQ.
- Day 2: Chitlang – Kulekhani Dam (2-3 hr hike) – Kathmandu (around 3 hrs drive) Early in the morning, we will visit the largest man-made lake of Nepal, Kulekhani (Indrasarovar Lake), which is around 2-3 hrs pleasant hike. We will get closer to the un-disrupted ecology in the locality through hiking and boating. After all those refreshments and enjoyments, we will have our lunch there and move back to Kathmandu in a bus.
Transportation in a deluxe bus from Kathmandu-thankot on first day and from Kulekhani-Kathmandu on second day
AP Plan Meals (Lunch & Dinner on first day and Breakfast & Lunch on second day)
An experienced English speaking Guide
Entrance fee at sightseeing places and trek permit (if needed)
Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
Rescue operation charge in case of emergency
Personal expense in items such as laundry, soft/hard drinks, Camera Charges, Bottle water, Extra usage of Vehicle/Guide, Portage, Tips or any other things which is not include in the inclusion.
Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.