Everest Base Camp Trek – 13 Days
Trekking Destination: Everest Base Camp& Kala Patthar
Season/Availability: Spring (March-May), Autumn (September-November)
Style: Tea house Trekking
Maximum Altitude: 5545m Kalapatthar, 5364m Everest Base camp
Group Size: Min 2
Accommodation: Tourist standard hotel accommodation in cities and simple lodge during trekking
Transport: Car/Van/Domestic Flight (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
Total Days: 13 days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu)
Trekking Days: 11 days (Lukla-Lukla)
Start Point: Lukla
End Point: Lukla
Walking Hours: 5-8 hrs a day
- View of major Mountain peaks:World’s highest peak Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Lhotse (8516), Mt. Makalu (8481m), Mt.ChoOyu (8201m), Mt. Nuptse (7855m), Mt.Pumori (7161m), Mt. AmaDablam (6812m)
- Major villages: Delightful Ethnic Sherpa villages such as Chaurikharka, Phakding, Monjo, Namche, Khumjung, Deboche, Pangboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, Pheruche
- Major people: Originally Sherpa who are known for their great climbing skills but now we can see mix due to the tourism business
- Tenzing Hillary Airport (Lukla Airport), one of the world’s most thrilling airport
- Sherpa village, culture and their hospitality
- Sagarmatha National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Ancient Monasteries and Museum
Note: The Everest Base Camp trek involves walking of at least 5 to 8 hours per day and covers an altitude ranging from 1350m to 5545m. The trek will be 12-16 km a day.
Mount Everest (8848m), the Roof of the World, is the highest peak in the world. It was named after Sir George Everest who was the then surveyor General of India. The Nepali name is Sagarmatha which means the “Head of the Sky”. It was first climbed by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa in 1953. Trekking to the Everest BaseCamp is the adventure of lifetime andis one of the most popular & rewarding destination for tourists from all around the world. Conquering the high passes and witnessing the world’s tallest peak is every one’s dream. This trekking will take you to the lap of gigantic mountains where you will find yourself between the awe-inspiring mountains.
While trekking is possible all year round, the best times to visit are from March to May and from September to mid December. During this time, we can see breathtaking views of spectacular mountain ranges. The major peaks we can see are Mt. Lhotse (8516), Mt. Makalu (8481m), Cho Oyu (8201m), Mt. Nuptse (7855m), Mt. Pumori (7161m), Mt. AmaDablam (6812m), Lobuche east and west, Mt. Thamaserku, Kongde peak, Kangtega, Taboche, Cho La Che, Island peak, Lingtrain, khumbutse, Lo La, and the supreme peak itself Mt. Everest (8848m). Besides the scenic view, it also provides the unique opportunity to see the beautiful nature with pine forest, rhododendron flowersblooming adding a spectacular splash of color to the landscapeand the wide variety of flora & fauna. Animals like Snow Leopard, Musk Deer, Ghoral, Himalayan Thar, Blue Sheep and various species of birds can be seen in Sagarmatha National Park. We can also experience the unique Sherpa culture and visit monasteries & museums along the way.
Travelling alone is not good in this region and you are advised to go through a trekking company with good guide (can be made available as per your language) and a porter. In addition to guiding you on the right path during the trek, they can also explain the sights and bring you close to the local culture. They can also be valuable if you fall ill. Meeting new people on the way or during tea house stays and knowing them might excite you.
The 11 day Everest Base Camp Trekking starts from Kathmandu airport to Lukla airport (popularly known as Hillary airport). The trek starts and ends at Lukla.
Drive to Ramechhap (4 hrs drive)
Overnight at hotel in Ramechhap
Fly to Lukla (2840m/35 mins flight) and trek to Phakding (2640m/3-4 hrs trek)
Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m/5-6 hrs trek)
Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar,Hike to Syangboche and back to Namche Bazar
Trek to Tengboche (3840m/5-6 hrs trek)
Trek to Dingboche (4410m/5-6 hrs trek)
Acclimatization day at Dingboche, hike to Chhukung and back to Dingboche (4410m)
Trek to Lubuche (4950m/6-7 hrs trek)
Trek to Gorakshep (5180m), visit Everest Base camp (5364m/7-8 hrs trek) and back to Gorakhshep
Early morning Hike to KalaPatthar (5545m) and trek to Pheriche (4280m/6-7hrs trek)
Trek down to Namche Bazaar (3440m/7-8 hrs trek)
Trek down to Lukla (2840m/6-7 hrs trek)
Fly to Kathmandu
The following costs are included in the package.
- Round trip flight ticket from Katmandu to Lukla & Lukla to Katmandu worth $320 & $90 for guide (the flight fare may vary)
- Meals on full board (3 meals a day) during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner – only one meal at a time)
- All accommodation during trek
- All necessary paper work and permit fee (Sagarmatha National Park entry permit, Trekking Information Management System (TIMS) permit)
- Domestic airport Tax
- All government taxes
- One English speaking Guide (Trained and License holder) – All Nepali staff’s Salary, insurance, Air ticket
- Medical supplies (first aid kit)
The following costs are excluded in the package.
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Your personal travel/trekking Insurance
- International airfare and airport tax
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Rescue operation charges in case of emergency
- All the bar bills such as alcoholic drinks or beverages like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice
- Laundry service – Hot water, Hot shower during trek and other personal expenses like shopping
- Personal equipments for Trekking
- Expenses of extra adventure, donations to Monasteries
- Entrance Fees in Monasteries and at other entry points
- Tips for Guide and porters
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
We would like to advise you to arrange your travel insurance before leaving your Place. It is very important to make sure that your insurance covers you for both medical and evacuation costs. In some places it is not necessary but it would be better if you have the travel insurance with you all the time. It will make your trip safe and hassle free.
(Things you need to carry)
- Down Jacket – 1
- Waterproof/Windproof Jacket – 1
- Trekking shoes/boots -1
- Trekking Sticks – 2
- Hiking pants/shorts (windproof) – 3/2
- Hiking shirts (full/half sleeve) – 3/2
- Thick Gloves/Socks – 1/3 pairs
- Warm inner ware (thermal coat) – 1 set (in winter)
- Sleeping bag – 1 (in winter/optional)
- Sun hat/cap -1
- Sunglass -1
- Sunblock -1
- Head torch/flash light -1
- Personal towel -1
- The trip cost may vary depending on the group size, duration of trek, the category of hotel in cities and service requirements.
- The itinerary is modifiable as per needs, time frame & budget of trekkers.
- Cost will be re-calculated if the itinerary is modified to only more days.
- Cost won’t be refunded if you decide to finish you trek in lesser days (by walking more hrs) or want to return back without completing trek because of any reasons after you confirmed the trek
- Additional activities may be added as per trekkers request with appropriate additional cost.
- The cost may also be affected as per the requirement of number of guides and porters.
- For any kind of inquiry please contact us by email or give us a call.